From the 10th minute, he made a nice save on crossfire from Akpom’s left. On the corner that follows, a Greek is alone in the six meters and places a stung header, released wonderfully by the Fenomeno. In the 30th minute, he misses a raise when he was 30 meters from his goal, but the Greek who tries his luck puts his lob above. In the 44th minute, he made a big double parade on a Greek corner. On a powerful strike low to the ground from Zivkovic, on a returned corner, he will seek a new decisive parade (70th). Big, big game on his part.
At the sentry post, he took a few minutes to get into his match. But then, he chained the interventions, the projections, the slammed passes. He was everywhere. Only downside, he loses a ball just in front of his surface on a raise, the Greek striker will place a shot that will graze Mandanda’s post. A masterful game.
On an innocuous action, he counters a ball with his head and launches a quick action, which will end with a caviar from him on a cross with a line for Payet who opens the scoring (35th). Tonight, he physically and technically dominated the debates in the heart of the game.
Tonight, he will have evolved very high, projecting himself a lot like in the 53rd minute, where he creates a good situation with a heel for Lirola. We can also mention his center for Bakambu, which a Greek just missed putting in the back of his net (59th). He gradually gained strength in this match.
On a ball stupidly lost by the Greek defense, he sinks and hits to end up serving Payet who will not fit (13th). Less prominent than against Montpellier, he played simpler, not forcing his talent, which allowed OM to keep many balls. However, he lacked a bit of accuracy at times.
In the 13th minute, he is perfectly offset by Harit, but his shot is off target. He opened the scoring in the 35th minute on a very good ball from Guendouzi which he ended up slipping in one touch, beating the goalkeeper’s intervention. A good game overall, with fair and effective choices for the evening’s sole scorer.
He had to do with Zivkovic, the best element of PAOK this evening, and he generally held it well. Not very offensive, he held his rank with a few well-chosen interventions.
A match as a boss, where the pressure slips on him without reaching him. With authority, he cut many Greek attempts, adding some pleasant raises to his good copy.
Back in the starting XI, the Olympian stopper made a very clean copy, although we saw him a little less sharp than usual.
He enters soberly to relay Payet at the very end of the game.
He comes in for the last twenty minutes to bring fresh blood to the right wing. He will have helped OM to keep the ball a little.
OM tried to find him without much success. On the action of the goal, in the 35th minute, he frees himself to find a good discount for Guendouzi. In the 47th, he tries his luck in a complicated angle on a bouncing ball. His powerful shot doesn’t go far at all. He spent himself, but did not find the flaw. Replaced in the 72nd minute by Ünder.
Another very average game from him. If he tried to bring offensively, the whole remains far too messy and far too far from the Lirola of last season.
For more readability, the writing of the Phocéen makes you discover its new scoring grid:
– of 0 to 3 – DISTRESSING : The player was lame. All is said !
– of 3.5 to 4 – FLOPS : The player missed his match, he is clearly in the flops
– of 4.5 – DISAPPOINTING : The match is considered poor, that is to say, it is below average. The player did not give satisfaction.
– of 5 to 5.5 – MEDIUM. But at this level, professionals must bring more to their team. The service is not necessarily satisfactory…
– of 6 to 6.5 – SATISFACTORY : At last ! The match is considered good. The player played a good game, even if he can do better. He did the job as they say in the jargon.
– of 7 to 8.5 – THE TOPS : Very good game. The player brought everything he could to his team and you can’t ask for much more.
– of 9 to 10 – EXCEPTIONAL . Make no mistake, these notes won’t be out often. They will salute an extraordinary part of one of our Olympians.