(Photo credits: Adobe Stock – )
PARIS, April 13 (Reuters) – The stocks to follow on Wednesday on the Paris Stock Exchange and in Europe:
* LVMH LVMH.PA published quarterly sales of 18 billion euros on Tuesday evening, up 23% organically compared to the same period last year thanks among other things to a 30% jump in sales of the Fashion & Leather Goods division. The world’s number one luxury brand says it is both “vigilant and confident” in the face of the geopolitical context and a still “disturbed” health situation. nL5N2WA4SC
* RENAULT RENA.PA – The project to split the automotive group’s electrical activities aims to give them better visibility and could be accompanied by a separate listing, CEO Luca de Meo said on Tuesday. nL5N2WA4V9
* STELLANTIS STLA.PA STLA.MI announced on Wednesday its intention to combine its financial services activities in China within an automobile finance company of which it would be the sole shareholder.
* EDF EDF.PA – The Ministry of the Economy and the Elysée are once again considering nationalization which would be followed by a sale of renewable energy activities to refocus the group on nuclear power and dams, BFM Business reports on Wednesday citing several sources close to the public authorities.
* TELECOM ITALIA TLIT.MI – Iliad, the group founded by Xavier Niel, owner of Free, is interested in the consumer services activities of Telecom Italia in Italy, several daily newspapers reported on Wednesday. Iliad and TIM were not immediately available to comment on the information.
* TESCO TSCO.L warned on Wednesday that its profits could decline in the current financial year due to the deterioration of the economic situation and the impact of inflation on the purchasing power of households, after a jump of 35.8% of its adjusted operating profit over 2021-2022.
* ATLANTIA ATL.MI – The Benetton family and the American private equity group Blackstone BX.N are working on an offer to buy Atlantia incorporating a premium of around 30% on the average price of the last six months and could reveal their proposals during the day, we learned from three sources familiar with the matter.
* GLAXOSMITHKLINE GSK.L has announced that it has completed the acquisition of the American laboratory Sierra Oncology SRRA.O on the basis of a valuation of 1.9 billion dollars (1.75 billion euros).
* CREDIT SUISSE CSGN.S – The investor advisory firm ISS has recommended that the bank’s shareholders vote against the discharge of management for its management of the 2020 financial year, as Glass Lewis had done before it.
* BARRY CALLEBAUT BARN.S – The Swiss chocolate giant confirmed its medium-term forecasts on Wednesday on the occasion of the publication of higher half-year results.